My Friend’s House Preschool
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” – Matthew 19:14
My Friend’s House Child Development Center (MFHCDC) was opened in 1980 with after school care. In 1982, it expanded to include infant, toddler and preschool care. The name “My Friend’s House” suggests two things. First, children are being nurtured and cared for in the church, which is the Lord’s house and the Lord is our friend. Second, among the staff and children there are loving friends. My Friend’s House Child Development Center is an integral portion of the Children’s Ministry of Northwest Hills UMC.
Through this program, the church ministers to the community and makes responsible use of the education facility. The program openly acknowledges its Christian environment through programming, but does not attempt to instruct in church doctrine.
My Friend’s House Child Development Center (C.D.C.) aims to provide high quality child care at a reasonable cost in a safe and loving environment in which each child is accepted and has the freedom to develop socially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and intellectually.
About My Friend's House
- Year-round care, Monday through Friday, 7am – 6pm
- Childcare, from 2 months through pre-k
- After school care, from Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- All day care for school age children- on all days when AISD is closed (such as spring break) except for MFH Holidays.
- Nutritionally sound breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack provided daily
- Federal Food Program participant
- Weekly chapel with the Pastor of Children & Families at NWHUMC, Audrey Spencer
- Summer program (Camp Gadabouts)
- Certified Texas Rising Star (TRS) Provider