United Methodists are the second largest Protestant denomination in America. Our churches hold to classic teachings of the Christian faith.
- God. We believe that God is the creator and sustainer of the universe. We believe that all persons are loved by God and that God hears our prayers.
- Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ was God in human form. We believe that Jesus Christ died on a cross for us and our sins. We believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and his resurrection allows us to have life after death. He said, "Because I live, you will live also."
- Holy Spirit. We believe that God's Spirit is with us on earth. The Holy Spirit guides us to God and nudges us to grow in faith.
- Forgiveness of sins and salvation. We believe that if we ask God to forgive our sins and put our faith in Christ, we will be forgiven and granted the gift of eternal life.
- Bible. United Methodists view that Bible as an authoritative. We also value the intellect and modern science. We recognize that the world is not always black and white. So we are willing to wrestle with difficult questions and we follow the teaching of our founder, John Wesley, who said, "Think and let think." Methodists have open hearts, and open minds-and welcome anyone interested in learning more about the Christian faith.
We understand and welcome your questions, and want answer your questions.