Worship With Us
Live on YouTube
Current Safety Guidelines
Our church family is comprised of low to high-risk, as well as vulnerable populations. As a community, we agree to take care of our most vulnerable members and to help stop the spread of Covid-19 by practicing science-informed recommendations.
1. Masks covering both your mouth and your nose must be worn at all times. If you forget yours, there are disposable masks available at the entrance table. We are asking this of ALL attendees, even those who are vaccinated. Help us keep everyone safe and protected.
2. Stay home if you’re sick, if you have been around someone who is sick, or if you have been in large gatherings recently. If you’re not sure, take your temperature and/or err on the side of caution.
3. If you are over 60, have a chronic health condition, or are care-taking a vulnerable individual, consider worshiping online and joining a small group to connect with others.
4. Seating is intentionally spaced out and limited to allow for social distancing.
5. Sit only in designated pews. The pews are clearly marked.
6. Practice social distancing. Please stay 6-feet apart at all times, indoors and outdoors.
7. Use sanitizing hand gel when you enter the sanctuary and again before you depart from the sanctuary. We have plenty!
8. Bring your own Bible. Pew Bibles, offering envelopes, and pencils have all been removed as a safety precaution.
What to Expect
What Do I Do When I Arrive for Worship?
There will be a greeter or two inside the main entrance who will provide directions, information and a name tag. As you enter the worship space, an usher will provide you with a worship bulletin. You may sit anywhere you like, provided that it is an open pew. We are blocking off some pews to encourage social distancing. We have also removed our pew Bibles as a safety measure, so we encourage you to bring your own. All readings and music WILL be accessible on our projection screens and in your paper bulletins.
What is Appropriate Attire for Worship?
We are excited to meet you, whether you like to dress up or come as you are. Whatever your attire, we do ask that you wear a mask in worship, as we seek to protect and welcome all of our community.
What About Children?
For now, there will be no nursery services. Children are invited to remain in the sanctuary with their parents. There are activity kits on a cart in the back of the sanctuary for them. Please don’t worry if your kids are tired or fussy or make noise during worship. The sounds of children are a blessing and joy, and we welcome your children and your family in our worship.
For more information about our Children’s Ministry, click here.
Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of the month. At Northwest Hills UMC, all are welcome to Christ’s table. In order to help stop the spread of Covid-19, at this time communion is offered in individually packaged cups which contain a wafer and juice.
How Do I Get There and What About Parking?
Northwest Hills UMC is located at 7050 Village Center Drive. You may park anywhere in our parking lot (we do have guest parking spaces!). Walk towards the open courtyard and follow the signs directing you to the sanctuary.
What Happens When the Service is Over?
We invite you to stay and talk with others and with our pastor following the service. There is a welcome table to the left when you exit the sanctuary, and we would love the opportunity to personally welcome you and get to know you better.