Worship With Us
Live on YouTube
Current Safety Guidelines
Our church family is comprised of low to high-risk, as well as vulnerable populations. As a community, we agree to take care of our most vulnerable members and to help stop the spread of Covid-19 by practicing science-informed recommendations.
1. At this time, we are asking that ALL attendees wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times. We are following the current CDC and Austin/Travis County guidelines regarding mask wearing.
2. Stay home if you’re sick, if you have been around someone who is sick, or if you have been in large gatherings recently. If you’re not sure, take your temperature and/or err on the side of caution.
3. If you are over 60, have a chronic health condition, are care-taking a vulnerable individual, or currently not fully vaccinated against Covid-19, consider worshiping online and joining a small group to connect with others.
4. Seating along the wings of the Sanctuary is intentionally spaced out and limited to allow for social distancing. If you are more comfortable social distancing, please consider sitting in these pews. The pews in the center of the sanctuary are open and are not limited for social distancing.
5. Sit only in designated pews. The pews are clearly marked.
6. Use sanitizing hand gel when you enter the sanctuary and again before you depart from the sanctuary. We have plenty!
What to Expect
What Do I Do When I Arrive for Worship?
There will be a greeter or two inside the main entrance who will provide directions, information and a name tag. As you enter the worship space, an usher will provide you with a worship bulletin. You may sit anywhere you like, provided that it is an open pew. We are blocking off some pews to encourage social distancing.
What is Appropriate Attire for Worship?
We are excited to meet you, whether you like to dress up or come as you are.
What About Children?
Our Nursery, located on the first floor of the Sanctuary building, is open from 8:45 – 12:15 PM on Sunday mornings.
Children are invited to remain in the sanctuary with their parents. We have a children’s play area set up on the right side of the Sanctuary with lego and other activities. Please don’t worry if your kids are tired or fussy or make noise during worship. The sounds of children are a blessing and joy, and we welcome your children and your family in our worship.
For more information about our Children’s Ministry, click here.
Communion is celebrated each Sunday at our 9:00 am Contemporary service and on the first Sunday of the month at our 11:00 am Traditional service. At Northwest Hills UMC, all are welcome to Christ’s table. In order to help stop the spread of Covid-19, at this time communion is offered in individually packaged cups which contain a wafer and juice.
How Do I Get There and What About Parking?
Northwest Hills UMC is located at 7050 Village Center Drive. You may park anywhere in our parking lot (we do have guest parking spaces!). Walk towards the open courtyard and follow the signs directing you to the sanctuary.
What Happens When the Service is Over?
We invite you to stay and talk with others and with our pastor following the service. There is a welcome table to the left when you exit the sanctuary, and we would love the opportunity to personally welcome you and get to know you better.